SUTD Robotics and Automation Research (ROAR) Laboratory
Our Robotics and Automation Research (ROAR) Laboratory at SUTD is a leading research laboratory that specializes in reconfigurable robotics and have contributed to significant intellectual outcomes, novel robotic platforms, impactful applications, patents, and commercial products.
We have developed a new branch of robotics namely tiling robotics and a stream of associated research topics. In addition, ROAR lab is the only robotics lab globally that targets research into the design of robots, design for robot and design by robot fields. The lab is positioning itself as a catalyst in the transformation of multiple Singapore based companies into global robotic product manufacturers like Lionsbot and Oceania Robotics.
Your primary responsibilities include:
- Designing and developing reconfigurable robotic platforms to achieve project goal (surveillance, maintenance or payload carrying robot)
- Implementing and researching motor specifications, wheel material and durability, and physical constraints required for locomotion and reconfigurability
- Have a basic understanding of the electrical system of the robot so as to optimize the mechanical and electrical design
- Have a broad understanding of different manufacturing processes and manufacturing constraints
- Designing mounts for onboard sensors, to allow localisation accuracy
- Simulating using CAD Solidworks for FEA analysis or Keyshot demonstration
- Experience with mechanism components and use of basic shop tools is preferred
- Able to effectively work in a multi-disciplinary team and with third-party vendors
- Able to effectively communicate ideas and take constructive criticism
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Experience designing and performing tests
- Electromechanical system design experience is preferred
We offer highly competitive salary which is determined based on the applicants’ research and developmental achievements, experience, and qualifications. To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (Amanda Ng).