SUTD Robotics and Automation Research (ROAR) Laboratory
Our Robotics and Automation Research (ROAR) Laboratory at SUTD is a leading research laboratory that specializes in reconfigurable robotics and have contributed to significant intellectual outcomes, novel robotic platforms, impactful applications, patents, and commercial products.
We have developed a new branch of robotics namely tiling robotics and a stream of associated research topics. In addition, ROAR lab is the only robotics lab globally that targets research into the design of robots, design for robot and design by robot fields. The lab is positioning itself as a catalyst in the transformation of multiple Singapore based companies into global robotic product manufacturers like Lionsbot and Oceania Robotics.
Your primary responsibilities include:
- Developing embedded software for robotic and general-purpose applications
- Developing on ARM embedded processor, SoC, and/or FPGA based hardware platforms
- Developing ROS interface and control plugins for a wide range of peripherals
- Supporting hardware development with requirements and technology integration
- Designing and realizing application-specific/modular PCB layouts
- Integrate custom and COTS hardware components: sensors, controllers, networking, etc.
- Adapting and integrating proprietary and open-source software packages and APIs
- Participating in the software process: design, code reviews, etc.
- Build new tools for software communication, logging, and data analysis
- Developing, documenting, testing, troubleshooting, and verifying software
- Development in a Linux environment
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Electronics/Electrical Engineering/Computer Engineering or related field
- Experience with C or C++ on ARM embedded processor, SoC, and/or FPGA
- Experience with scripting (Bash or Python preferred)
- Experience in a Linux development environment
- Experience with Robot Operating System (ROS)
- Experience with PCB fabrication is highly preferred
- Technical communication skills
- Ability to participate in a cross-functional team
We offer highly competitive salary which is determined based on the applicants’ research and developmental achievements, experience, and qualifications. To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (Amanda Ng).